Harriman-Bear Mountain Trails 2016, 17th Edition Map Set Is Here!
Made by the people who build the trails, the 17th edition of our best-selling Harriman-Bear Mountain Trails map set now includes a significant improvement to the topographic elevation contour lines. As always, the maps are printed in vibrant color on waterproof, tear-resistant Tyvek.
About the Map
Harriman-Bear Mountain Trails 2016, 17th Edition
List price: $9.95 ISBN 978-1-880775-99-8
New York-New Jersey Trail Conference (July, 2016)
At only $9.95 ($7.46 for Trail Conference members), this map set is a must-have for enjoying and exploring the rich network of trails in Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks. Additional corrections and adjustments to the trails and map features make this 17th edition the most accurate and comprehensive trail map yet for Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks.
At a Glance
- This two-map set, featuring more than 230 miles of marked trails throughout Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks and surrounding parklands, includes trail mileage numbers and a detailed inset of the Bear Mountain area.
- More than 20 miles of the Appalachian Trail, along with more than 27 miles of the Long Path, are shown on the maps.
- Improved elevation contour lines utilize higher-resolution data than was previously available, and they make it much easier to identify features like cliffs and steep trail areas.
- Contains several trail relocations, including portions of the Appalachian Trail and the Long Path, and an extension of the Fawn Trail near West Mountain.
- Map features include UTM gridlines, green overprint for public access lands, parking areas, viewpoints, and other points of interest.
Beyond the Map
- Map coverage area
- Map index
- Suggested hikes
- About the parks
- Park contacts
- Bear Mountain Day Hikes Map
- Get these maps on your Apple and Android device!
- GPS resources
About the Map Makers
The production of the Harriman-Bear Mountain Trails map set, much like our other trail maps, was a great collaborative effort involving many volunteers, parks partners, and Trail Conference staff. Read more about the primary contributors to this map set.
The Harriman-Bear Mountain Trails Map was produced with support from Woodstock General Supply, an outdoor apparel and accessories store.
About the Trail Conference
The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference is a volunteer organization dedicated to creating, protecting and promoting the nation's finest network of foot trails in a major metropolitan area. The Trail Conference is a coalition of 100 clubs and 10,000 individual members that maintains over 2,000 miles of trails in New York and New Jersey. Its website, www.nynjtc.org, and its hiking books and trail maps provide detailed information that enable hikers to enjoy some of the most remarkable trails in the country.
Built on more than 75 years of mapping experience, New York-New Jersey Trail Conference maps are your source for reliable trail information in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. These maps are Made By the People Who Build the Trails and are regularly updated with changes to the trails.