The Trail Conference invite nature lovers and adventure seekers to an Open House at our Headquarters on Saturday, June 2, in celebration of National Trails Day.
NTD is an event held across the country recognizing the power trails have in connecting people with nature. We’ll be hosting a litter pickup and invasive species removal at the Ramapo Valley County Reservation, as well as a variety of hikes for all interests and abilities. We’ll also be leading tours of our 127-year old headquarters, where you can check out an art exhibition from talented local students at Joyce Kilmer Elementary.
Our partner organizations, will also be sharing ideas on ways to engage with trails and nature year-round. We'll be holding a raffle for great prizes, and refreshments will be available for purchase. Registration is appreciated but not required. If you plan to partake, and don’t register, please come 20 minutes early.
Vendors and Food Truck to explore starting at 8:30 a.m.
- History Hike - Distance: 2.5 miles Difficulty: Moderate Time: 2 hours
- Yoga Hike - Distance: 2 miles Difficulty: Moderate Time: 2 hours *you do not need to bring a mat
- Vista Trail Loop - Distance: 4.3 miles Difficulty: Moderate Time: 2.5 hours
- Family Nature Hike - Distance: 1 mile Difficulty: Easy Time: 1.5 hour
11 a.m. Volunteering Opportunities: *Volunteers will be provided snacks and a t-shirt!
- Garlic Mustard Pull – Join our Invasives Strike Force Crew to help remove garlic mustard, an invasive plant, from the Trail Conference and Ramapo Reservation grounds. Appropriate for all ages! Time: ~1 hour
- Trail Love on the Vista Loop Trail - Join trail superheroes who are working hard to make your hikes awesome! We’d love for you to volunteer to see what trail building’s all about. Trail improvement location is 1/2 mile into Ramapo Reservation.
Headquarters Tours: 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Take a guided tour of our historic headquarters at Darlington Schoolhouse and the surrounding grounds. Learn about the history of the Trail Conference while on the tour.
Delicious Food Provided:
Roots Cafe Food Truck
Purchase Raffle Tickets! Winners will be entered and contacted after drawing!
|A chance to win great raffle prizes donated by:||Value:|
|Suunto Ambit3 Sport, Sapphire - Old Souls||$499|
|Suunto Core Crush, Coral - Old Souls||$359|
|2-Month Family Membership to Lifestyles (includes Enrollment fee!) - The Valley Center For Health and Wellness||$455|
|One Introductory Session + One Month Trial Membership Body & Brain Yoga/Tai Chi||$200|
|Northeast Mountain Guiding|
Photo Walk in Harriman State Park. (90mins) Photour Adventures
|One-Month Unlimited Classes to R.A.W Fitness (three chances to win!)||$125|
Mountain Smith Hiking Poles, High Sierra Daypack, Nite Ize 25 Lumen Headlamp, $50 Ramsey Outdoor gift card, 32 oz Wide Mouth Nalgene bottle Ramsey Outdoor (Two chances to win!)
|Day Trip Adventure Package: Deuter ACT Trail Pack 22L, Petzl Tikkina 17 oz Thermos, Yeti 26 oz Bottle & Mammut Cap||$200|
|Hiking Package: Ridge Runner Daypack, Hikelite Trekking Poles, and a Nalgene water bottle (Two chances to win!) L.L. Bean||$200|
|Trail Conference 11 Trails Map Set, 2 of our popular books, Logoed Hat, Shirt and Water Bottle||$200|
|Merrell Gift Card Merrell||$170|
|Wellness Basket: Pain Relief Exam, T-shirt, drawstring bag, massage ball, candle, blender bottle and yoga towel Kinetic PT||$300|
|Grand Trunk Double Parachute Hammock and United by Blue Basin Convertible Messenger Bag Campmor||$200|
|TABLE VENDORS TO EXPLORE!|
|Campmor||Wild Birds Unlimited|
|Northeast Mountain Guiding||ESK|
|Photour Adventures||Gear Forward|
|Body & Brain Yoga/Tai Chi||Kids Craft Table|
|ADK Ramapo North Jersey Chapter||Invasive Species Task Force|
Help Us Outfit the Next Generation of Adventures - Gear Donations Wanted!
Gear Forward is a non-profit organization aimed at securing outdoor gear from the outdoor community, retailers and manufacturers for the direct donation to youth in need. Their hope is to give youth access to the great outdoors in ways that may not have been possible without gear. At this time, they would appreciate any monetary donations or gently used tents, sleeping bags, and/or backpacks. Gear Forward will be hosting a table at NTD and is accepting donations!
600 Ramapo Valley Road
|9:00 am Family Nature Hike||$ 0.00|
|9:00 am History Hike||$ 0.00|
|9:00 am Vista Loop Hike||$ 0.00|
|9:00 am Yoga Hike||$ 0.00|
|10:00 am Darlington Schoolhouse Tour||$ 0.00|
|12:00 pm Darlington Schoolhouse Tour||$ 0.00|
|11:00 am Garlic Mustard Pull||$ 0.00|
|11:00 pm Trail Love On The Vista Loop Trail||$ 0.00|
Additional event information
General Event Information